|James Robertson | profile | all galleries >> Long Island >> Glen Cove Mansion||tree view | thumbnails | slideshow | map|
Originally known as The Manor, the Georgian mansion was built in 1910 for John and Ruth Pratt.
It was designed by noted architect Charles Adams Plat and was was part of a 55 acre estate.
John Pratt, an attorney and an executive with Standard Oil Company, died in 1927. His, widow, Ruth Baker Pratt, the first Republican Congresswoman from the State of New York, continued to reside at The Manor until her death in 1965. In 1967, the Glen Cove Mansion acquired the estate and converted it to a premiere hotel and conference center. By 1984, additional wings had been added that brought the total number of guest rooms to 200.
More about the Glen Cove Mansion can be found at: http://www.glencovemansion.com/