Do Catholics study their bible ?
For a warm up .... the feet of Jesus was kissed but that doesnt give a man a reason to kiss womens feet.
There are 50 million Catholics in the United States. Thats 1 out of 6 professing Christians in the United States . Do they study their bible ? 2 Tm:2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. Acts:17:11 ( Speaking of the Berean Jews ) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
This study will be short compared to the amount of time that it demands.There is long sinister history to Catholicism, but my desire is to one simple topic; whether Catholics study their bible. I continually find myself asking "why do people believe in the the things they do without proof" and "why do they continue supporting certain beliefs when those beliefs have been proving to be wrong" from the bible. Why dont people question the things they do ? Its a strange world when you think about it. If Catholics were to study their bible as you would expect a God fearing Christian to do, you would expect them to run into some problems. Eventually they " should " begin asking questions about what takes place and is taught inside the walls of Catholic churches..... but this doesnt seem to be the case. We will go over a few stumblingblocks that Catholics could run into should they study their bibles.
Please take time to ponder this list of concerns. When making a claim of what the Catholic Church teaches or does, I will not add info proving it. I have done my study and keeping this work simple. If you find any untruths within this study, send a note with proof and I will delete any part of it found to be contrary to such.
1. Why is there a Pope when the bible says there is no mediator between man and God except Jesus ? 1 Timothy 2:5 And the bible says Jesus is head of the church not the Pope ! Col 1:18 And he ( Jesus ) is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
2. Why do Catholics sometimes pray to Mother Mary when there is but one mediator between man and God ? 1 Tim 2:5. Mary is dead and is awaiting the future resurrection. She cant answer prayers and she doest carry them onward to God. This also applies to the dead saints that Catholics sometimes pray too . Yes, freaky and abominable stuff ! The bible says communication with the dead is an abomination to God ! Deut 18:11-12
3. Whats up with bowing down to statues or figures of Mary or even Jesus in Catholic churches when doing that is obviously breaking the 2cd commandment. Exodus 20:4-5
4. Why do Catholics confess their sins to a priest ? Again read 1 Timothy 2:5. Also if you read the bible you should know the priesthood was abolished when the temple curtian was rent ( torn in half) ( completely in half ) upon Christs death on the cross. This meant the old way of communicating with Jesus was done away with and now man can have a one on one personal relationship with God. Jesus and only Jesus is our high priest. You might as well be confessing your sins to a tree or a glass of water. And for a Catholic priest to tell anyone their sins are forgiven is straight out bold blasphemy. Only God knows the intents of the heart and only God can forgive sins.
5. Why do Catholics repeat a same prayer over and over ( O hail Mary, mother of God , full of grace.... etc ) when the bible says not to use the same prayer over and over. Mathew 6:7
6. Where do Catholics get the idea they can pray dead people ( in purgatory ) out of there and into heaven ? Nowhere in the bible does it even remotely allude such nonsense.
7. The Catholic office is not in charge of interpreting scripture though they will tell you they are. Why ? Because the bible says so ! 2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
8. The Catholic Church teaches that the Bible does not contain all truth. (The Faith of Millions, pp. 153-154) (The Faith of Our Fathers, p. 72)(A Catechism for Adults, Q. 1, p. 52).
What does the bible say about this. 2 Peter 2:2-4 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 2 Timothy 3: 15-17 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. Notice the word ( ALL ) as it is used in the scriptures above. If you believe the bible is insufficient then you are open to be decieved by a deciever !
9. Why do Catholics think that the wine at communion is the real blood of Jesus when the bible teaches us its not ! ? In Mt 26:29 after Jesus had said, "this is my blood" and prayed, he still referred to the contents as, "fruit of the vine". If transubstantiation ( changing wine into blood ) had occurred, as the Roman Catholic church say it was at this time, then Jesus would never have referred to it as "fruit of the vine' but rather "blood".
10. Why does the Catholic church ( and many others ) baptize babies with a sprinkling of water when the bible says that one must know the difference between right and wrong before being saved, then water baptism comes after that. And THEN in every example in the bible its by way of full emersion . Mathew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: If this is the way Jesus did it, then this is the way we should do it . Baptism represents the death ( laying back ), burial ( under water ) and resurrection ( straightway out of the water ) of Jesus. To sprinking an unknowing infant is a mockery of the example Jesus taught us to follow.
11. Catholic church teaches adults must prepare for justification through faith and good works but the bible teaches in Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. Good works are the result of salvation, not the cause (Ephesians 2:8-10).
12 The Roman Catholic Church is necessary for salvation but the bible says There is salvation in no one but the Lord Jesus Christ, “for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12).
13 . The Catholic church teaches the sacrifice of the cross is perpetuated in the sacrifice of the Mass but the bible says the once-for-all sacrifice of the cross fully appeased God's wrath against sin. Hebrews 10: 12-18 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
14. A scary doctrine the Catholic Church teaches is that the Popes interpretation of scripture is infallible ! Papal infallibility is a dogma of the Catholic Church that states that, in virtue of the promise of Jesus to Peter, the Pope is preserved from the possibility of error. What does the bible say ? The bible teaches that ONLY God is infallible ! Numbers 23:19 , 2 Peter 1:19-21, 2 Tim 3:15-17,Proverbs 30:5,
15. Why do Catholics call the priest " Father" when the bible explicitly says not to ? ! Mathew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. And because we are so close to Mt:23:8 lets read that.... But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. Rabbi means priest ! So here God tells us not to call anyone Priest but God ( Jesus ). Jesus is our high priest, the ONLY priest we have. Our prayers go straight to him. So again, why do Catholics defy Gods rules so arrogantly ?
16. Why do Priests ( and Nuns )refuse to marry ( And meatless Friday )? Who do you think the bible is talking about in 1Tm:4:3 ? Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. Does the bible allow for a Priest ( should the office exist ?) Please read 1Tm:3:12: Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. Yes, the bible says that deacons ( head of the congregation ) can have a wife ! So why would they teach they shouldnt have ? The bible teaches the dangers of lust and adultery/fornication if one cant control such appetites and remedies this with marriage. 1 Cor 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.
17. Speaking of priests refusing to marry, strange how Catholics claim that Peter was the first Pope/Bishop/Priest and Catholic bishops arent allowed to marry , but the apostle Peter was married! Life is strange isnt it ? !
18. Why do Catholics worship Mary ? And I say worship because it is worship to pray to her. Where does the bible put Mother Mary in relationship to God ?
Luke 11:27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he ( Jesus ) said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it. This may be the first recorded instance of Mary worship and Jesus said it would be best to keep Gods Words. John 1:8-10 Luke 1:46-47 Mary expressed her need for a savior . And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
19. Catholics claim Mary was sinless but in Luke 2:24 Mary made a sin offering at the temple. IF Mary was sinless why did she give a sin offering ? The bible says for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God ( Romans 3:23 )! The Bible says if we say we have no sin we call God a liar and the truth is not in us . 1 John 1:8,10. It appears that when Catholics say Mary was sinless they are calling God a liar !
20. God ( His Word ) alone is sufficient to all good works and is the only thing needed to make one acceptable to God . So what is the catholic church and the purpose of their position ? 2 Cor 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: Psalm 139:3 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy loving kindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
21. The Catholic church teaches that faith, works and the sacraments is necessary for salvation. But what does the bible say ? Ephesians 2:8,9 8: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
These are but a few examples of things Catholicism teaches that are contrary to Gods Word. Those above should spook any reader right out the front door of any Catholic Church ! They are so many more, and Im compelled to list them , but would'nt you consider something is awry with the Catholic Church by now ? Lets save what I think is the best for last in this study. Should the Catholic religion even exist according to the bible ? An interesting study indeed !
22. Should the Catholic Church even exist according to scripture - http://www.gotquestions.org/Peter-first-pope.html
I found a Catholic priest here in Lexington and sent him a short question. He tried to throw something on me that wasnt true.This is an perfect example how people make themselves believe something that isnt true. Read into his feeble reasoning so that he can be called " Father" when the bible says he shouldnt. No, I did not hear from him again after my 2cd letter.
Me.... Hi, got a question for you please.
Why does the title Father proceed your name and why do those in your church call you Father when the bible explicitly says not to call anyone Father except for the Father who is in heaven ? Mathew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. And because we are so close to Mt:23:8 lets read that.... But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. Rabbi means priest ! So here God tells us not to call anyone Priest but God ( Jesus ). Jesus is our high priest, ( our intercessor ) the ONLY priest we have. Our prayers go straight to him. So again, why do Catholics defy these specific bible rules ?
Him ....... Holland: My response is: What and who do Father represent: They are care givers and providers. They are the head of the family. He cares for them spiritually and helps in all their needs. That’s the role of Fathers. How do you call your Father: Dad, Daddy. You call him father. Catholic priests do not marry. Thy are the shepherd of the parish family and the father of every family and dedicated to every parishioner. We call God our Father, creator source of everything we have and everything we are. In scripture it says that if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it our, if your hand causes you to sin cut it off. I haven’t seen or heard of anyone doing this. At the cross, “Jesus says to St. John behold your mother, and to Mary behold your son.” How do you take that? we don’t take the bible literally. The Spirit guides and directs the church. The church is God’s people not just a building.
Me...... Dear Sir, I really do appreciate your time that you spent sharing . However because I believe the subject is important, would you still hang with me for a bit and allow me to be direct ? Hopefully so. What I have read in your response is you given reason over revelation ( the Word ). There are a lot of titles you could have given yourself but you picked the one title that God forbids (anyone other than Him ) being called. Your not my biological father nor my spiritual father so you would not hear me calling you father.
You referred to the priesthood. Its my understanding that Jesus abolished the priesthood on the cross. He is my high priest and my mediator to the Father who is in heaven. That is the short of it.
You brought up Mathew 5:29 and 30. These verses are obviously figurative but still implying the importance of repentance. Im not sure why you brought that up. Maybe it has something to do with the figurative nature of the title Father. Right or wrong you are still being referred to a title that Gods Word forbids and using mans understanding ( not Gods ) to do so. If there is a biblical allowance for such, please point it out to me. Im also puzzled by the title Reverend. There is but one place that this title is used in the whole bible and it refers to Gods name . Psalm 111:9 How anyone could place their title in the same spot as Gods name is beyond me. This includes the title Father to which we know in our hearts that God meant spiritual father and not head of the household, or a man ( who takes charge as head of the church ) ... to which in essence God is the head of all. When God says there is but one Father who is in heaven we know he meant spiritual father. And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and He is in heaven.” The context of Matthew 23:9 tells us that referring to your biological father as “father” is not what Jesus is speaking about.
Please read Mathew 23:1-12. Jesus is denouncing the the titles these Pharisees are giving themselves such as teacher and master. And they also called themselves " Father " for they wanted to be the source of truth rather than God. Jesus was teaching them not to use such titles that rightfully belong to Him. Jesus is the head of the church, not a priest. And to fortify this statue, let me refer to the name to which the Pope is called.....Holy Father. This is blasphemy in the clearest sense. I say " clearest sense" because using the word " Holy" in Holy Father represents a spiritual being.... not a carnal fleshly finite person. Only a spiritual father can cause a person to become a spiritual child of God ( Himself ). Even the apostle Paul made no mention of himself to be called Father, for which he claimed to be the chief of sinners. There is no mention of ANYONE in the bible being called Father except the Father which is in heaven. When we call our mother or father.... mother or father, God knows we are not elevating them to the spiritual level of our Father ( God ) in heaven and sharing that title. Once again, all I can see is you giving yourself a title which belongs to God. You could have given yourself one of a hundred titles but you chose the one God said not to. I cant make reason out of it and I dont think its a coincidence.
thank you again.
Final point. Listen to this preacher explain how Satan created the Catholic Church and still runs it today.... WATCH OUT--THE FINAL GLOBAL RELIGION OF SATAN IS FORMING ALL AROUND YOU TODAY!- https://youtu.be/ADYoy_9fiJ4