A statue titled Meditation sits outside the conservatory in Fitzroy Gardens. Commissioned by Madame Gaston Saint and sculpted by Frenchman Robert Delandre, it was originally intended to be placed in the small Victorian town of Rheola in memory of her father. In 1933 it was presented to Melbourne City Council and was placed outside the plant conservatory. (Not to universal acclaim, but what piece of public art ever is?)
The statue can be seen in more context in image 3500.