Panasonic is proud to introduce the LUMIX DMC-ZS20(TZ30) as the newest member of its acclaimed ZS(TZ) series that has won worldwide popularity for versatile lens from ultra wide-angle to telephoto and recording capability of photo and video packed in a compact body. Newly developed high quality LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lens extends its powerful optical zoom to 20x which fits in an outstandingly compact body. The 20x optical zoom increases its power to 40x equivalent with the Intelligent Zoom function with minimum deterioration of image quality thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology. Together with 24mm ultra wide-angle of view, DMC-ZS20(TZ30) covers even wider shooting situations. The lens system is totally redesigned with new mechanical structure, optical system combining advanced technology such as higher zoom ratio and Nano Surface Coating while achieving further downsizing to be the world’s slimmest in class.*
Newly developed 14.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor is adopted and the advanced image processor Venus Engine feature high speed, high sensitivity image recording to realize 1,920 x 1,080 60p (NTSC) / 50p (PAL) astonishingly smooth full-HD video recording in AVCHD Progressive format and high speed burst shooting at 10 fps in high picture quality. It also contributes to the high speed burst shooting and approx. 0.1 sec of Light Speed AF to catch the most fleeting shooting opportunities.
The built-in GPS (Global Positioning System) function is upgraded for DMC-ZS20(TZ30) by combining map data which can be installed from a bundled DVD.
A variety of special effects that add fun to shooting experience are newly integrated – Creative Control mode including Miniature Effect, Panorama Shot, Creative Retouch and Auto Retouch.
Also, iA (Intelligent Auto) mode lets users leave everything to the camera to take beautiful images with its new HDR (High Dynamic Range) together with POWER O.I.S. with Active Mode, AF Tracking, Intelligent ISO Control, Face Recognition, Intelligent Scene Selector, Intelligent Handheld Nightshot, Motion Deblur mode, Intelligent Burst mode and Intelligent Exposure. Once you enter the iA mode, these multi-capable functions happen automatically, so that you can shoot without the bother of adjusting settings every time conditions change.
The 3.0-inch large 460,000-dot Smart Touch LCD allows Touch AF, Touch Zoom or Touch Shutter during recording and various playback functions even for scrolling the map with high visibility. Both DMC-ZS20(TZ30) newly comply with USB power charging in addition to the conventional AC power supply.
With a host of optical / digital technologies packed in a slim, pocket-sized body, the ultimately versatile DMC-ZS20(TZ30) serves as your irreplaceable partner to record your life log with high quality photo and video.
* As a digital compact camera with the optical zoom lens of 20x or more, as of January 31, 2012.
1. Powerful 20x Optical Zoom LEICA DC Lens with 24mm Ultra Wide Angle
Featuring Nano Surface Coating Fitting in Slim, Compact Body
The advanced lens system of LUMIX ZS(TZ) series that achieves both high picture quality and small size is redesigned to further extend its powerful zoom to 20x (35mm camera equivalent: 24-480mm). Comprising 12 elements in 10 groups including 3 aspherical lenses with 6 aspherical surfaces and 2 ED lenses, adoption of ultra thin lens for its new structure optical system makes the unit’s overall length short to fit in the slim body despite its versatile zoom range from 24mm ultra wide angle to 20x telephoto. Thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology, the Intelligent Zoom is available with the DMC-ZS20(TZ30) which extends the zoom ratio by approx. 2x with minimum deterioration of picture quality even combining the digital zoom. This means the 20x optical can virtually extend to 40x equivalent. The Panasonic’s black box technology Nano Surface Coating boasts extremely low reflectance ratio and it is applied to DMC-ZS20(TZ30) for exceptional optical performance with stunning clarity by minimizing flare and ghost.
For more effective countermeasure against hand-shake which tends to occur in shooting with high zoom, POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) with Active Mode is equipped with DMC-ZS20(TZ30) to powerfully suppress blur in both photo and video recording.
2. New 14.1-Megapixel High Sensitivity MOS Sensor and
Venus Engine for High Speed, High Sensitivity Image Recording
The 14.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor is newly developed for DMC-ZS20(TZ30) for even higher image quality. The new High Sensitivity MOS sensor boasts better S/N ratio compared with the 14.1-megapixel MOS sensor in the DMC-ZS10(TZ20). Together with the performance of Venus Engine, quality of image shot in low-lit situations is dramatically improved reducing the noise to its half level*.
The high speed digital signal output technology is integrated to realize high speed consecutive shooting and full-HD video recording. It lets the DMC-ZS20(TZ30) shoot 10 fps in 14-megapixel full resolution with mechanical shutter and 5 fps with continuous AF. It also enables the camera to record full-HD 60p (NTSC) / 50p (PAL) smooth video. In addition, the high speed video at 220 fps in QVGA size is another advantage of the sensor which captures the motion of a subject. The frame rate, AF setting and the recording resolution can be easily selected according to the movement of the subject. It also contributes to the high speed burst shooting and approx. 0.1 sec of Light Speed AF to catch the most fleeting shooting opportunities.
* At ISO 1600, Panasonic measurement.
3. The 1,920 x 1,080 60p (NTSC) / 50p (PAL) Full-HD Video Recording
in the AVCHD Progressive Format and MP4*
Now the DMC-ZS20(TZ30) can record high-resolution full-HD 1,920 x 1,080 60p (NTSC) / 50p (PAL) videos in AVCHD Progressive (MPEG-4 / H.264) format. Upgrading the full HD recording capability from interlaced to progressive, subjects with fast motion or fine details are reproduced even more clearly.
The powerful 20x optical zoom with 2-step Zoom function is available in video recording. The popular iA (Intelligent Auto) assists easy video recording without needing a special technique. The DMC-ZS20(TZ30) also comply with 30p (NTSC) 25p (PAL) in MP4 format which has high compatibility with PCs or smartphones for editing or sharing the videos.
Incorporating a stereo zoom microphone, the videos also come with the high-quality stereo sound of Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator, to offer highly realistic sound to the video. Mechanical noise caused by a zooming operation is suppressed to improve the clearness. Also, the Auto Wind Cut function is also available to block out most of the noise from background wind automatically making the human voice to stand out.
Photos or videos recorded in AVCHD on SD Memory Cards are easy to view on a Panasonic VIERA TV. Simply insert the card into the VIERA Image Viewer (SD Memory Card slot) on VIERA TV or Blu-ray Disc Player / Recorder to playback your contents. Alternatively, you can use an optional mini HDMI cable to output the AVCHD Progressive video from the DMC-ZS20(TZ30) directly to the TV for VIERA Link. In addition, with the included software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.1 Premium Edition, it is easy to view and edit your recorded contents. You may also choose to upload your videos to YouTube™ or burn them to a BD/DVD disc for archiving.
* 30p (NTSC) / 25p (PAL) in MP4.
[For NTSC Areas]
• Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [AVCHD] is 29 minutes 59 seconds. (excluding when [GS] or [SH] is set)
• Motion pictures in [MP4] can be recorded continuously for up to 29 minutes 59 seconds. Also, motion picture recorded continuously in [MP4] is up to 4 GB.
[For European PAL Areas]
• Motion pictures can be recorded continuously for up to 29 minutes 59 seconds in European PAL areas. Also, motion picture recorded continuously in [MP4] is up to 4 GB.
4. Advanced GPS System with World Map Information
The ZS(TZ) series camera is acclaimed as an excellent travel companion because of a wide shooting range, hybrid recording capability of high quality photo and video and a host of travel-friendly functions represented by the built-in GPS system. With the new DMC-ZS20(TZ30), user can copy the map data of designated city to an SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Card out of a bundled map DVD which comprehends detailed map of approx. 90 countries worldwide on a scale of 1/25,000 or more precise.
With DMC-ZS20(TZ30), users can get geographic information even in unfamiliar places to know where they are and what landmarks are located nearby. The geo-tagged images are automatically sorted and those can be played back along the map so that users can trace the memory of travelling along their footprints scrolling the map in the camera. LUMIX’s GPS function is a step above those only record latitude and longitude in the EXIF data. DMC-ZS20(TZ30) shows the name of the Country/Region, State/Prov./County, County/Township, City/Town/Village and Landmark. The area information covers 203 countries or regions for global use. Plus, more than 1,000,000 of landmark information covers 82 countries or regions.
You can also refer to the location names of the recorded image or even search images by the location names via the included software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.1 Premium Edition. These images with GPS information can also be pinpointed on the internet maps and be shared with family or friends via social networking services. Internal clock of the camera is automatically adjusted to the local time of the place where the camera is, so you do not have to set the clock manually whether you go abroad or come back home.
©2011 NAVTEQ All rights reserved.
"MAPPLE" is a trademark of Shobunsha Publications,Inc.
• GPS may not work in China or in the border regions of countries neighboring China.
• Depending on the locations, it may not be possible to correctly receive the signals from the GPS satellites. In such cases, positioning may not be possible, or significant positioning discrepancy may occur.
5. Various Special Effects and iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode and for More Ease and Fun
DMC-ZS20(TZ30) comes not only with strong basic performance but also with a variety of shooting options to enhance ease and fun.
The Creative Control mode offers a selection of artistic filter effects when recording images; Expressive, Retro, High Dynamic, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, High Key, Low Key, Miniature Effect, Toy Effect and Soft Focus. Miniature Effect mode in which the peripherals are defocused while saturation and contrast is emphasized to look the picture like a diorama. The video recorded in this mode is played back in 10x fast-forwarding making it more comical to watch*. Panorama makes it is possible to shoot a 360-degree horizontal / vertical panoramic image with consequent shots taken by overlaying the previous picture.
Furthermore, DMC-ZS20(TZ30) newly offers Creative Retouch that comprehends 6 attractive filters – Toy Effect, Soft Focus, Dynamic Monochrome, Expressive, High Key and Retro – to look the picture you shot even more artistic. DMC-ZS20(TZ30) also comes with Auto Retouch function that adjusts contrast and brightness to give different impression to the photo with just a press of a button. Appropriate retouch is automatically applied depending on the image – if the image was shot too dark, it can be clear and bright to look it nicer with this function.
Panasonic incorporated the Intelligent Auto mode in pursuit of the ultimate ease of operation and the reduction of misshots. DMC-ZS20(TZ30) newly integrates HDR (High Dynamic Range) in addition to AF Tracking, Intelligent ISO Control, Face Recognition, Intelligent Scene Selector, Intelligent Handheld Nightshot, Motion Deblur mode, Intelligent Burst mode and Intelligent Exposure. The user can activate all of these useful, convenient shooting-assist functions by just activating an iA mode.
* Sound will not be recorded with [MINIATURE EFFECT] and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded. (If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will be approximately 1 minute long)
6. Other Options for Upgrading Photographic Enjoyment
- 3.0-inch 460,000-dot Wide Viewing Angle Smart Touch Screen with AR Coating
- Manual Control
- 3D Photo Mode
- AC/USB Power Charging
- LUMIX Image Uploader
• Leica is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH.
• The LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lenses are manufactured using measurement instruments and quality assurance systems that have been certified by Leica Camera AG based on the company's quality standards.
• "AVCHD Progressive", "AVCHD", the "AVCHD Progressive" Logo and the "AVCHD" Logo are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation.
• Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
• HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC.
• YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc.
• Facebook and the Facebook logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Facebook, Inc.
• All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective corporations.
• This unit is compatible with both SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards. You can only use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are compatible with them. You cannot use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are only compatible with SD Memory Cards. (When using an SDHC Memory Card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.)
• Some accessories are not available in some countries.
• Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.