photo sharing and upload picture albums photo forums search pictures popular photos photography help login
Duncan | all galleries >> Galleries >> Macro and other flash rigs > On camera pop-up diffuser for macro
previous | next

On camera pop-up diffuser for macro

I bought this pop-up diffuser from eBay for around $11 US including shipping. Do a search on ebay for "Diffuser for on-camera flash/speedlight" (or click here to do the ebay search). The seller seems to have quite a few of them for sale.

I had to modify mine slightly in order to make it stay on the lens. I glued a wide rubber band to the inside of the opening that attaches to the lens, so it would stay on the front of the lens where the lens hood normally goes.

The next image shows my modification.

other sizes: small medium original auto
Duncan25-Sep-2008 22:00

I'm not sure, but I don't think it would fit a lens that big. I added a strip of rubber to the opening on mine so it would fit more snugly on my Tamron 90 mm (see the picture below this one) and the diffuser would definitely not fit on my 70-200 without destroying the rubber strip. I don't think it would fit at all.