A detail of the marble ‘çeşme’ (fountain), near the west entrance to the complex and next to the small graveyard that lies west of it. It is called ‘Emirsultan Çeşmesi’ or also ‘Fatma Hanım Çeşmesi’ (= Fountain of Lady Fatma, the wife of Emir Sultan), although it is a 19th century late-Ottoman replacement (from 1838, designed by Hattat Beşir Ağa).
Correspondent: J.M.Criel, Antwerpen.
Source: ‘Türkiye Tarihi Yerler Kılavuzu’ – M.Orhan Bayrak, Inkılâp Kitabevi, Istanbul, 1994
& Website of ‘lifeinbursa.com’