The foundation stone for the late Gothic square building was laid on the Sunday before St. Michael in 1478. This is evidenced by the foundation stone on the south side of the choir: "In 1478 Jar on the Sunday before Michael the first stone is laid." The church was consecrated to Mary, the mother of Jesus. The builder of the church was the Heilsbronn monastery. The steeple, which was initially planned on the northeast side of the church, was built on the north side and completed in 1528. The first Protestant service was held in 1524 by Pastor Matthias Pauer (or Bauer).
*** Best viewed at original size ***