30 January 1959 - 1 February 1970.
Medical Department Center and School United States Army.
30 December 1992 - Current.
The serpent is adapted from the Army Medical Service insignia.
The torch is representative of knowledge. Maroon and white are
colors traditionally associated with the Medical Corps.
The school was first established on the military reservation
at Carlisle, Pennsylvania on 1 September 1920 and is currently
located at Fort Sam Houston, Texas.
The school's motto is "To Conserve Fighting Strength."