20 September 1942 - 1 March 1944.
Worn from: 1 March 1944 - 15 June 1946.
Worn from: 10 April 1952 - 22 August 1955.
The patch depicts a parachute and a glider plane,
representing the sixteen parachute-infantry regiments
and the twelve glider regiments that the Airborne
Command trained for five separate airborne divisions
organized during World War II. Between 1952 and 1955,
the patch was worn by members of the Tenth and
Seventy-seventh Special Forces groups. The unit's mission
was classified and the reason this patch was
chosen remains unexplained.