23 March 1943 - 30 June 1945.
Headquarters: Whitehorse, Canada.
Relocated to Edmonton, Canada.
The basic mission of the Command was to operate and maintain
the Alaska-Canada (Alcan) Highway from British Columbia to Alaska.
Over 1,600 miles in length, it was built by the United States Army
Engineers during World War II. The colors of the insignia represent
the United States and Canada; the construction of the road was a joint
American and Canadian effort. The shape of the insignia simulates a
winterized pyramid tent. The star represents the North Star, and the
white center suggests the highway.