First Engineer Special Brigade
Amphibious Command Army
17 June 1942 - 8 July 1946.
First Engineer Special Brigade.
8 June 1946 - 21 June 1956.
The insignia originally was approved in 1942 for the
members of Amphibian Units. The design, consisting
of an anchor behind an eagle perched on top of a
submachine gun, is adapted from the British Combined
Operations insignia that was worn by commandos and
World War II
(Sicily, Naples-Foggia, Normandy,
Northern France, Ryukyus).
French Croix de Guerre with Palm
(streamer embroidered Normandy Beaches).