This building is called Murray House. It was built in 1844. There were two designers of this building, they were the Royal Engineer of United Kingdom, Mr. Aldrich and Mr. Collison. Originally, it was in Central. It was a dormitory of British army, then converted to the office of Hong Kong Government. In 1982, it was pull down at original place. As it is a historical building, all 3000 pieces of components of Murray House were labeled. In 1998, Hong Kong Government decided to rebuild this building on the waterfront of Stanley. The rebuilt Murray House was opened in 2000.