Tappeh Mill (Pillar Hill) also known as “Bahram Fire Temple” and “Rey Fire Temple” is believed to be the oldest Zoroastrian Fire Temple in Iran, dating back to more than 2000 years ago. It is locates in 11km south east of Tehran in a area of 800x900m, on a hill with 18m height. The overall scheme of the temple was a pillared hall attached to a 4-arched section with some underground tunnels connecting east to west of the complex. Most of the temple was destroyed during Alexander’s raid and two arches are the most significant remnants at the moment.
The site of temple was first excavated by French archeologist Jacques De Morgan on 1913 and then by American Erick Schmidt on 1933.