photo sharing and upload picture albums photo forums search pictures popular photos photography help login
John Martini | profile | all galleries >> Galleries >> Camp Reynolds Hospital tree view | thumbnails | slideshow

Camp Reynolds Hospital

The Camp Reynolds hospital was originally constructed in 1905 as the post hospital for the U.S. Army on Angel Island. It was officially designated as a 12-bed hospital with a capacity of 24 men (presumably half of them patients and the others medical staff), but it's unlikely the building saw much intensive medical activity since serious cases would have been transferred to the miiltary's huge "Letterman Army General Hospital" at the Presidio, only a short boat trip distant from the island.

In 1923 control of the building was transferred from the Medical Corps to the Quartermaster Corps for conversion to an office building and barracks. Numerous changes and alterations were made to its interior to accomodate up to 66 soldiers. The building has been abandoned since the army departed Camp Reynolds in 1946.

Technical info: all these photographs were taken with a Canon 30D digital camera and a Canon 10-22mm wide-angle lens. Interiors viewes taken with a Canon 580ex flash fitted with a Stofen Omnibounce diffuser.
previous pagepages 1 2 ALL next page
Basement boiler room
Basement boiler room
AI-hospital-basement crack
AI-hospital-basement crack
AI-hospital-basement hall
AI-hospital-basement hall
AI-hospital-2nd-flr-bath.jpg
AI-hospital-2nd-flr-bath.jpg
AI-hospital-2nd-flr-bath-2.jpg
AI-hospital-2nd-flr-bath-2.jpg
AI-hospital-2nd-flr-bath-3.jpg
AI-hospital-2nd-flr-bath-3.jpg
2nd floor large room
2nd floor large room
AI-hospital-3rd-floor-interior.jpg
AI-hospital-3rd-floor-interior.jpg
Building book entry
Building book entry
previous pagepages 1 2 ALL next page