This monument is the work of sculptor Nathan Rappaport and is sometimes referred to as the Nathan Rappaport Memorial.
Erected in 1948, it is located on the place, where the fighting began in the Warsaw Ghetto uprising.
The front of the monument sculpture depicts several of the resistance fighters.
The leader of the Jewish resistance movement, Mordechai Anielewicz, is shown in the middle, holding a hand grenade in his hand.
There is an exact copy of the monument in Yad Vashem in Israel.