The Eiserner Steg (Iron footbridge, Iron bridge) is a footbridge leading over the river Main in the city of Frankfurt, Germany, which connects the centre of Frankfurt with the district of Sachsenhausen. The first bridge of wrought iron was built in the year of 1868. It was replaced in 1911/1912 by a slightly larger cantilever bridge. It is 170 metres long and consists of riveted steel truss with two bridge piers. The bridge was blown up by the Wehrmacht in the final days of World War II, but it has been rebuilt shortly afterwards in the year of 1946. In 1993 it had been fully renovated.