photo sharing and upload picture albums photo forums search pictures popular photos photography help login
Maggie | all galleries >> Places >> Cuba >> Holguin and Guardalavaca > P1030045.jpg
previous | next


Aside from official hotels and resorts, the other principal lodging option in Cuba is a casa particular, or private house.
An official casa particular should display a small plaque or sticker declaring it to be a government sanctioned casa. The symbol is a blue capital "H" set on its side, with slightly bent horizontal lines, and the top horizontal line longer than the bottom one. (It also looks like an anchor.) It should also say Arrendador Divisa. This means the owner of the house is allowed to rent rooms for divisa (hard currency). Houses with red symbols can only rent to Cubans for moneda nacional.
One said that these red onces are Fiedel's answer to the multipolar family and too small houses and the low birthrate problems...

Panasonic LUMIX ZS50
1/250s f/3.3 at 4.3mm iso160 full exif

other sizes: small medium large auto
Type your message and click Add Comment
It is best to login or register first but you may post as a guest.
Enter an optional name and contact email address. Name
Name Email
help private comment