This red building stood in the Second School District of Sterling Massachusetts.
It was in use from 1798 to 1856 and was then moved to this current spot for
preservation by Mr and Mrs. Henry Ford. SEE OTHER IMAGES IN THIS SERIES
The Martha-Mary Chapel in the background was built by boys from the Wayside
Inn Boys' School operated by Henry Ford on the Wayside Inn property.
Wood for the building came from trees felled by the historic hurricane of 1938.
The Chapel celebrated its first wedding in 1941 and is very popular for the