photo sharing and upload picture albums photo forums search pictures popular photos photography help login
Rob Sarberenyi | profile | all galleries >> HO scale models >> Clyde King's HO scale models >> SP B-70-19 Auto Parts Box Car tree view | thumbnails | slideshow

SP B-70-19 Auto Parts Box Car

Photos of Clyde King's completed HO scale Southern Pacific B-70-19 class 86' exterior post auto parts box car. Images of the unfinished car can be seen in my BAPM 2011 photo coverage folder

The car is heavily scratchbuilt/kitbashed with the Athearn model as a starting point. The sides are made from Evergreen styrene; doors and ends from the Athearn model with modifications, as is the roof; door rollers cast in resin from his own master (he gets approx. 60% right, the other 40% are throw aways) underframe from Athearn's model with some Evergreen styrene added. Decals are from a few Microscale sets, some of the lettering pieced together to make the Hy-Cube Hydra-Cushion lettering.

These cars are not otherwise commercially available... all the more reason Clyde wanted to build a couple.

Clyde will build another with the COTTON BELT lettering in the large white center oval.

Photos and info on the prototype B-70-19s are found on Lee Gautreaux's website
01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg
06.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg 09.jpg 10.jpg