![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
The "New Church" (colloquially known as the Deutscher Dom or German Church or German Cathedral) was built in 1708 for Berlin's German-speaking Lutheran and Calvinist congregations.
In 1785, a domed tower was added to complete the architectural symmetry of the Gendarmenmarkt square.
In 1943, the church was severely damaged and gutted by fire during an Allied air raid.
In 1996, after decades of lying in ruins, the reconstructed building reopened, not as a place of worship, but as the permanent home for the Parliamentary History Exhibition.
All images are copyrighted and cannot be used or reproduced without the written consent of the photographer
Please login or register.