Photo Submitted by Eileen Boyt
This is not the original mill mentioned in the 1325 document concerning Peter le Boyt as that no longer exists. However, the current mill is built on the site where the original mill was sited. It is now owned by the National Trust
Ref No D-BKL/A/M/20
Title Grant of land at White Mill, Shapwick from John Chyke to Peter le Boyt
Description Grant by John Chyke of Wareham to Peter le Boyt of Blachenwell in Purbeck of his holding of land at le Wytemulle [White Mill] in the parish of St Bartholomew, Schapwyk [Shapwick], with his part of the mill, and various lands. Also the third part currently held by Alice Crul as her dower after the death of John Chyke's father (once it should fall vacant).
Witnesses: Roger Champayn, John Champayn, James de Wynterborn, Robert Tylie, John Colsweyn, John Lysther, Richard de Callesale.