Built and originally owned as a cheese factory by a German immigrant,
who by all accounts produced excellent cheese. Later the building was
owned & operated by Stella Cheese Co.
In the 1930's during the rise of German pride and nationalism in the
homeland "The German Cheese Maker" as he is remembered, painted Nazi swastikas and
slogans on the bricks of the exterior of the building. Most of the graffiti has
been removed. However on the right front of the building, the faint message "PRO GERMAN"