Armed Forces Information School
15 June 1951 - 3 June 1964.
The three stars represent the three branches of service
(army, navy, and air force) whose personnel were enrolled
at the school. First established at Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania,
on 27 February 1946, it was moved to Fort Slocum, New York,
on 5 April 1951. Finally it was relocated to
Fort Benjamin Harrison, Indiana.