The Chapel of the Boim family at the Cathedral Square is a late Renaissance monument; it has no analogues, neither in Ukraine nor in the rest of Europe.
It is among the prime examples of mannerist architecture in Central Europe.
Built between 1609 and 1615, the family chapel was originally located in what used to be the city's main cemetery.
Founded by mighty merchants, Jerzy Boim of Hungarian origin and his wife Jadwiga Ni┐niowska, the Boim chapel was finished by their son, Pawe│ Jerzy Boim.
The fašade of the chapel is entirely covered with stone carvings featuring the Passion and the figures of Saints Peter and Paul.
It was a tradition at the time, that regular people were models for multi-figured compositions and now we can see the faces of real people of times past.