The Assumption Churchis the main Orthodox church in the city of Lviv
The church ensemble consists of the Korniakt Tower, the Chapel of the Three Saints, and the Assumption Church itself.
The 66 meters tower, which resembles the slim Renaissance campaniles of Venice, was built in 1572-1578, designed by Italian architect Peter of Barbone and paid for by Lviv's wealthiest merchant, Constantine Korniakt.
Being the highest tower in the city it would also play a defensive role. During the Turkish siege of 1672 the top of the tower was damaged in artillery battering.
After that, architect Beber built a forth tier and added a Baroque hat with four fanciful pyramids to the Renaissance composition.
Chapel of the Three Saints was built between 1574 and 1591 to Piotr Krasowski's designs.