These people were gathered in the office of Representative Mark Meadows to share their concerns about upcoming votes which will lead to the destruction of our quality of life and environment. Congressman Meadows was the cause of a government shutdown costing us billions of dollars.
In Case You Missed It:
The Senate voted 51 to 48: (How will the House of Representatives vote?)
1. To end coverage for preexisting conditions, some veterans benefits, and aid to rural hospitals.
2. To remove discrimination protection for women in healthcare.
3. Against the provision allowing children to remain on their parent's insurance till the age of 26.
4. To cut off funding for the Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
5. Against ACA contraceptive coverage and maternity care provision.
6. To direct committees to send budget legislation to defund and repeal the Affordable Care Act.
For those who get health insurance through work, no pre-existing conditions. Lifetime caps for coverage are back for everyone.
Real actions are being taken that will affect more than just the 20-30 million people who will lose their health care coverage and the 3 million people who will lose their jobs.
Despite their assertions of this being an action to "repeal and replace," no viable alternative plan has been proposed.
The House votes Friday.
As of this moment, no replacement exists.
Apparently, Speaker Ryan has had his phones cut off because of the volume of calls, so here is his mailing address:
1233 Longworth HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
Fax: (202) 225-3393