Revan Köşkü (Yerevan Kiosk), in the north corner of the palace.
Built in 1635. It was ordered by Murat IV to celebrate the conquest of Yerevan (Armenia).
Architect: Koca Kasim Ağa, who was royal architect at the time.
It is also called the ‘Sarık Odası’ (Chamber of Turbans) as the turbans worn by the sultans were kept here at some time.
On the picture: A detail of the outer walls, with its coloured marble decorations and 17th century Iznik tiles. This pavilion is one of the last examples of the classical palace architecture (as is the nearby Bağdat Köşkü too).
Correspondent: J.M.Criel, Antwerpen.
Sources: ‘Istanbul, Topkapı paleis’ (Atrium cultuurgidsen) & Personal visits (1978-1986-1993-1996).