Revan Köşkü (Yerevan Kiosk), in the north corner of the palace.
Built in 1635. It was ordered by Murat IV to celebrate the conquest of Yerevan (Armenia).
Architect: Koca Kasim Ağa, who was royal architect at the time.
It is also called the ‘Sarık Odası’ (Chamber of Turbans) as the turbans worn by the sultans were kept here at some time.
On the picture: The dome interior, painted in an 18th century ‘baroque-ish’ manner, influenced by French rococo. It was painted on leather.
Correspondent: J.M.Criel, Antwerpen.
Sources: ‘Istanbul, Topkapı paleis’ (Atrium cultuurgidsen) & Personal visits (1978-1986-1993-1996).