NatureSoil Step by Step Layout 3 (English): The aquarium 2 month after set up.
To maintain this aquarium I have use following items:
- a small canister filter including heater
- a CO˛ system with a small diffusor and automatically valve which will switch on with the light and goes out with the light. The dose of the CO˛ input are about 1 bubble the second (controlled with a bubble counter!)
- The lightning are installed above the aquarium with 2 x 24 Watt T5 and the lightning period the first 2 weeks 6 hours per day. Raising after to maximum 8-9 hour each day
- Very important for a successfully start with a NatureSoil layout was the frequently water change from the beginning! Please start at day 3 after set up to make a water change about 20% of the water volume. After that repeat it every 3-4 days the next 3-4 weeks. If you have hard tap water at you home please use it!!! You don’t have to use osmosis water or soft water to reach a better (softer) water quality, this makes the NatureSoil for you. At least the first year and longer, depends on the water hardness.
- Please don`t use warm water, a maximum temperature about 20-22 C is the best to change the water for planted aquariums.
- The main temperature of the aquarium water was about 24 C.
- After about 2 weeks I start to use a common liquid daily complete fertilizer. I start at first with about 50% of the normal dose and raise it slowly till 80-90% from the normal dose (depends on the plant grow)
- Every week cleaning the aquarium from inside with an easy helpfully spongy or “Blanki” (JBL).
- Also don’t forget to fill up the water which is lost by the open top (if you use a open top). You can use for it you common tap water.
Fishes - Invertebrates:
I start with the first animals in this aquarium at day 10: 5 pieces Neritina snails and 5 Otocinclus affinis
Some days later at the 2nd weeks: 5 x Caridina japonica
As main fishes I put in 3 weeks after set up a group small “Fire-Tetra” (about 15 pieces)
For more product information about the NatureSoil please visit our website: www.oliver-knott.com
and read the manual instruction at the bag.