These heads of kings displayed in the Cluny, are originally from the facade of Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris.
The sculpted heads represent the 28 generations of Old Testament Kings of Judah.
They were lopped off and buried by the angry mobs during the French Revolution ca. 1789, when they were confused with the Kings of France.
The sculpted heads were discovered in 1977 during excavation for a subway. They were cleaned and are displayed at the Cluny.
The King's heads on the facade of Notre-Dame were reconstructed by Viollet le Duc in the 19th century.